Week 4: MTC mission life🤘

P-day is a happy day. It's like waking up on Christmas fr

It's been a good week! I did start crying in Spanish class but other then that it's been a-okay

So far the best parts of my day are breakfast, morning workout, lunch, dinner, getting ready for bed and all the breaks between class

All jokes, class honestly isn't that bad unless it sucks

We usually have 3 hours of Spanish from 10-1 and then preach my Gospel class 2-5 but on Saturday we changed our preach my Gospel class to Spanish. So now we have two 3 hour Spanish classes every day. Yay

And yes the first day they changed our PMG class to Spanish was the day I cried, but only because our teacher decided teach us Spanish grammar in Spanish- aka I was lost the entire time

And then he called me to the front to do something even tho I didnt know what. So I just looked dumb as he called out all my mistakes in front of the entire class even though most everyone was also lost. I didnt cry in front of everyone thank the lord but I had to fight the tears when I sat back down and im pretty sure only my comp knew

Anywayyy

There were a few highlights this week: 

Saturday pretty much sucked HOWEVER-
during one of our breaks in our first class my district and I all went out to play hacky sack and then one of the elders kicked the hacky sack like 30 feet into the air and we all watched in slow motion as if fell right onto some poor girls butt who was laying down in the grass. We were all dead laughing because what are the odds of that happening??? I felt so bad because she definitely felt so awkward about 12 teenagers dying about a hacky sack landing perfectly on her butt but none of us could stop to save our lives. She was gone a few seconds later

Probably the low of her day but absolutely the highlight of mine

Also on sunday me and Hermana Martinez and our friend Hermana Smith performed at the Sunday devotional! We played "i know that my savior loves me" in front of like 1,500 people, and the MTC presidents wife choreographed it so the choir would sing along with us. It was a really cool experience. Definitely the most people I've ever played in front of 

I said earlier that morning workout time is my favorite time of day which is the truth. Me and one of the hermanas in my district have been working out together and when I tell you we hit leg day I mean it. For the past 3 days I havent been able to sit down or stand up or walk around but other than that im perfectly not disabled!

As a district we've been getting excited to get our "solo español" tags. Pretty much a few weeks into MTC your teacher gives you these tags you attach to your badge that say SOLO and that means no English is allowed and any faculty or students are supposed to only speak spanish to you. But it also represents a level of seniority because then all the carne fresca know you are not a newbie. It's like being a senior in high-school and having the SOLO español tags makes sure the youngins know 

Spiritual thought: every night with the girls in my room we have a little nigh devo and we started doing a short 10 minute devo in the morning too. We like to choose a word and focus on it for the day. So far we've done humility, gratitude, and I can't remember but it's a really great way for us to start our day. 

Some scripture recommendations! 
-ether 12:6
- ether 12:27
-alma 26:27

I'm trying to do better at praying before meals, waking up, going to bed etc, and if you have any tips on studying lmk!  I struggle (prayer emoji)

Also my parents sent me pictures of their missions the other day and I loved seeing them in my same situation, so if you have any fun photos feel free to send them to me! 

Those are the most exciting things that happened this week i think- besides that there's just class, studying, sleeping, eating and hacky sack. And pickleball is a new addition and is so addicting 

I didnt take too many photos but here are some! And also here's a link to my mission photo album which has the video of my and Hermana Martinez playing on sunday!

Love you all!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abi's Mission Call