Week #3 - CCM (Mexico!)

Happy P-day!

Last time I accidentally sent my email on my personal account so if you messaged me, sorry! I won't see it until 2028 but feel free to message me here

So this has pretty much been the longest week of my life but it's been really good. 

The last few days before i left for the CCM i said goodbye to a lot of friends and family and then Thursday at 6 am I said goodbye to my family for real which pretty much sucked. Literally the moment I was dreading more than anything else about the mission.

I've been at the CCM now for like 5 days? And genuinely so much has happened

When we arrived the entire firsthand was just orientation and getting to know our way around. I finally met my comp! She is super cool. I also met the other two hermanas in our district and genuinely our whole group is so fun. 

We have classes like 6 hours a day and whenever we're not in class, we're studying or playing hacky sack which im kind of unc at but im getting better i think

The first day we had a meeting with our STLS (sister training leaders) and they told us so many rules i had to clock out mentally so I didn't get too depressed. Don't know how im gonna not wear flip flops for 18 months (sad emoji)

They also told us that apparently every Sunday they assign the speakers like 3 minutes before church starts. And they choose all the unsuspecting missionaries. And you have to talk in Spanish. So that's terrifying. Thankfully through neither me or any of my district we're called on (prayer emoji)

As I've gotten to know my comp this week I've learned we have so much in common, but something i will never understand is that she doesn't like the cold. We will be sitting in a 80 degree humid classroom (they also use Celsius here which i don't undertand) and everyone is fighting over the fan but she tries to stay away from is as much as possible. It is a nice compromise tho because she let's me have the huge fan all to myself at night. 

The boys in our district are realy funny. Weirdly romantic toward each other, but funny. During all our breaks we go play hacky sack and I have got a few good shots but I am not that good I fear
One elder is genuinely pro at it and can launch it like 40 feet. Then he got it stuck on the roof so we haven't played for a minute 

We also convinced the elders that the hermanas apartments have fridges and microwaves in them which was funny

It also rains almost every day here- and not utah rain, like cats and digs level- and whenever it does I happen to leave my umbrella at the apartment but if i carry it with me all day its perfect weather 

The other day during introductions my STL found out my comp plays piano and I play flute so she asked us to join her in a flute duet (she plays flute) honestly I didn't want to but my dad raised me to be a yes man. We went to the auditions and the MTC president loved our song and asked us to play in a devo next Sunday in front of the entire 1,500 missionary mtc (ugh emoji) so i will let you know how that goes

My comp and I didn't plan it but we both brought oatmeal creme pies for our PMG teacher who served in Chicago and so we surprised him with them the first day of class #favoritestudents

Our teachers have started speaking only Spanish now (cover my eyes cause I'm scared but peeking through emoji) it's really hard but it helps a lot. The gift of tounges is real you guys. Although I really never tried this hard to learn before, I have made way more progress these past 3 weeks than I ever did in high-school Spanish for 2 years

Anyways I don't really know what else to say
Love you and miss you guys!  It's true what they say that the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days 

I am so excited to go to Panama! We went to the Mexico city temple this morning and got to speak to a cute girl that only spoke Spanish so I got un pocito practice in

Anyways if you read this far thanks hahah-
I would love to hear from you all! 

-Hermana Wride


Pics! The order prob changed so sorry about that 

1. My very last night my little brothers and sister and I had a sleepover 
2. Last goodbye (tear emoji)
3. Pic with the district 
4. Another pic with the district
5. Our PMG teacher when we got his our oatmeal creme pies
6. The girls in the district
7. It was POURING rain
8. Visiting the Mexico city temple!
9. We saw mime controlling traffic on the drive back to CCM. lowkey an icon
10. Call with my fam today!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abi's Mission Call