Week 8: Poco a poco🌻

Poco a poco means little by little and is our comp phrase aqui



This week was good! It was actually pretty mid but i knew the mission wouldn't be easy so esta bien 

Here's an average day in the life of Hermana Wride in panama:
-Wake up 6:30
-stare at the ceiling
-stretch
-get ready
-study for a long time but its never actually enough time 
-go out and GATHER ISRAEL
-lunch
-additional study where I try not to fall asleep
-go out and GATHER ISRAEL... AGAIN
-its very important at this point in my schedule to get as many mosquito bites as possible
-come home at 9
-eat dinner
-journal and sleep 😴

This week was zone conference and we drove over to Panama City! And I got to see the canal! From a bus on a bridge but still i saw it. I love the city and the subway station lol. I got to see some more people from my CCM district! I love them and so it was nice to see them all

A few things this week:
-learned i don't know how to spell baptize, babtise just looks right 
-had chicken and rice for dinner and learned that mozzarella cheese on rice is a heavenly combo🍚
-comp exchanges with the STLs (sister training leaders) i forgot my pajamas and came back with 3 extra blisters on top of the 13 mosquito bites on my feet

Spiritual:
This sounds silly but I had a mini tender mercy this week with my beautiful precious fan. I brought this tiny fan with my from home to cool me off at night and i while im sleeping I keep accidentally knocking it off the bed. Finally it had had enough abuse and slowly stopped working until I turned it on one night and it wouldn't start! This had been a particularly rough day and I literally was about to cry- sounds dramatic but you try walking around in sunny, 11 UV, high humidity, 101° heat all day and tell me how you feel. but instead got on my knees and prayed to god that he would give life back to my fan. A few more tries and it started again! πŸ™Œ and its been working ever since. Hallelujah 

OK but serious stuff- this week we met with Yisel a few more times and she is on track for baptizm this Saturday! 🀞

We also knocked a door of a woman named Osnay and her two sons. She told us a little bit of her crazy sad story, and we gave her a message. She said she was very interested in learning more about the church so we asked for her number, but she said she doesn't have internet to access her phone. so instead we told her the details of church on Sunday, and this Sunday as me and mi compa left for church- there was Osnay waiting at the bus stop! Apparently she had been waiting there for 40 minutes because she wanted to come to church but couldn't text us, so she and her 7 year old son decided to wait and hope for us to walk by. Then she came to church! She has a lot of roadblocks and challenges, but we are gonna visit her again today- pray for Osnay!

I also have been listening to a lot of talks this week, some of my favorites were "why do we believe in christ" by Brad Wilcox and a talk my dad sent me called, "embrace the awkward" by C. Shane Reese. So listen to those and send me any talks you like! I WILL listen to them!!! 
I've also been reading the "Riccardi letter" which is super good if you want to give it a read!

Besides that we walked a lot, taught lessons and made new friends and I gave out a lot of stickers to the kids we met

Send me emails!!! I love you all!
πŸŒΉπŸ©·πŸŒ»πŸ‡΅πŸ‡¦πŸ
 Hna Wride 


Shoutouts: 
-tara had her mission farewell!πŸ₯³
-Daniel turned 10?!??

Im gonna copy my neighbor and make a prayer listπŸ™:
-Yisel
-Jullian
-misela
-Gabriel
-Osnay
-JesΓΊs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4: MTC mission life🀘

Abi's Mission Call

Week 1 1/2 - Home MTC!