Week 1 1/2 - Home MTC!

Hola friends! 

I have officially been a missionary for 1 1/2 weeks and it’s been so much work but super fun (heart)

This past week i have been in park city with my dads side of the family like we do every year, so basically my week has been sitting in 7+ hours of classes a day and watching my family swim or go cliff jumping without me (blow nose cry) i’ll just dip my feet in the hot tub whenever they’re all together 

people keep asking me what i can do like if i can eat popcorn or play card games - i PROMISE being a missionary is not that restrictive (facepalm, laugh tears)

There was one day this week I thought it would be cute to wear slacks and white button up, but to anyone who didn’t recognize the missionary tag I just looked like an employee (two face palms) so i did have like 4 people come up to me asking where the bathrooms or the ice machines were, and i have been coming here my entire life so i knew exactly where to point them which didn’t help me look less employee-able lol

you could pretty much call me a hunchback at this point by how bad my posture has been staring at a computer all day so i am very much looking forward to going to the CCM! 

it’s also been super fun getting to know my comp Hermana Martinez and my district! it’s nice to see that I’m not the only one struggling with Spanish in class especially since we’re all coming from different levels

Just by my comp’s last name, I knew she was going to be good at Spanish and I was right. (ugh) Sometimes she will message me in the middle of class and ask if I understood what they were teaching or if i needed help loll 

As nervous as I am, I am so excited for the next year and a half. I arrive in the Mexico MTC on Thursday, and then fly to Panama in September (panama flags)

crazyyyyy

photos (I don’t really know the order): 

1. visited my friend isa before she left for college (bawl)

2. i was doing mtc in my dad’s office and thought i would open the curtain… they stood there for like 30 minutes (skull/died)

3. my friend tara and i went to our old sem teachers wedding!(party)


4. my sister kat is always stealing my tag 

5. my comp and i taught my cousin for our first ever lesson! 


6. sitting outside the pool (relax)

7. an amazing treat i learned to make when i went to brasil last summer to stay with some friends (yum) it’s called brigadero and my family’s obsessed with it

8. me and princess kat at dinner (crown)


9. zoom calls


10. my brother made me a necklace with the panama colors and a mini clay flute on the end (laugh, heart)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Abi's Mission Call

Week 4: MTC mission life🤘

Week #3 - CCM (Mexico!)